Dr. Maria Castro, MD FAAP
Dr. Maria Castro graduated from Nueva Granada University in Colombia in 1996. She moved to the United States in 2000, where she completed her Residency in Pediatrics at the Long Island College Hospital/Beth Israel Hospital Program in New York. Dr. Castro has been Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics since 2006 when she started practicing General Pediatrics in North Carolina. Dr. Castro founded Starlight Pediatrics in order to service the Holly Springs and surrounding communities.
Dr. Castro lives in Holly Springs with her husband, her 14-year-old daughter and her 10-year-old son. She enjoys spending free time with family and friends, camping, going to the gym, reading and practicing yoga.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow since 2006
- North Carolina Medical Board, Diplomat since 2007
- American Board of Pediatrics, Diplomat since 2006
- Pediatric Attending Physician for medical students from the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Physician Assistant program at the Methodist University in Fayetteville
- CME/CPD Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- 2005- 2007
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Award, Long Island College Hospital 2006